We are usually more active in summer than any other season; this affects our body temperature, so we need to try by all means necessary to keep it cool.
One of the ways we can do that is by eating light food. Light food is digested easily by the digestive system; therefore the body temperature remains cool. Heavy meals on the other hand require a lot of energy and cause your body temperature to rise.
Here Are Some Light Meals That Will Keep Your Body Cool and Gut Happy:
- Mix different frozen fruits together and blend into a smoothie. You may also add some Spirulina, Greek yogurt or chia seeds for added nutritional value.
- Always make sure you have a cool water bottle by your side at all times, especially on extremely hot days. You may also add cucumber or a fruit to give a fresh taste.
- Greek pasta salad is the perfect pasta salad for summertime picnics, in-door luncheons, and easy dinners. Greek salad contains antioxidants, which reduces the risk of health problems such as heart disease and cancer. Think of adding some Raw Organic Kraut to aid your digestion and balance your gut flora.
- Freezing fruits makes them last longer and you can eat them as a refreshing snack. Such fruits include oranges, watermelons, and grapes.
- Grilled chicken and vegetables. Chicken can help with weight regulation and reduce the risk of heart disease. Grilled vegetables are the next best thing after eating vegetables raw.
Remember to always keep yourself hydrated, and if you will be spending time under the sun, get yourself the Manuka Natural Sun Protect at the AoS store.