- 3 dates, pitted
- 1 medium banana sliced and frozen preferred
- 1/2 avocado, cut into chunks
- 1/2-1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp raw cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- tiny pinch of salt
- Soak the dates in hot water for 10 minutes to make them easy to blend. Drain.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the drained dates, the banana slices, avocado chunks, 1/2 cup milk, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt until creamy and smooth. If you like the texture thinner, continue adding more milk until desired consistency.
- Top with whatever you like and enjoy immediately! I used banana, shredded coconut, cacao nibs, granola, blueberries and blackberries.
I cut up some bananas into ziplock bags for freezing and can throw them into a smoothie. When you notice they are getting ripe, peel, chop and throw in the freezer. If you like extra cold smoothie bowls, do the same for your berries, but i prefer mine just refrigerated and I don’t want the. smoothie bowls to be too cold for the little ones.
These are great for freezing as well and storing for your little one who has just been introduced to solids. Substitute the almond milk with their formula instead.
You can shop these amazing storage containers on Art of Superwoman Online Store