Ever felt completely out of flow and off balance?
Success is balance – focus on being balanced.
See… here’s the thing with balance: When your life is in balanced, it’s difficult to harbour jealousy or even create feelings of jealousy or negativity over someone else’s life or wealth.
Here are some signs you may be off balance:
- You have a vague sense of unease or feeling unsettled
- Nothing is new and exciting anymore
- Unable to sleep properly
- You keep dropping the ball
- Your world feels so small and feels like it’s closing in.
- Can’t seem to shake a cold, or get several illnesses in a row
- Shortened temper or impatience with things,, tasks or the people around you
- Less energy
- Desire to overeat or be constantly peckish
Balance is not a pie chart where you allocate a certain amount of time and/or energy to what you are doing.
Balance is not a scale where you measure everything out and set the sides equal to each other.
Balance is about knowing what is important and using those things to guide your path through your day. It may be adjusted at any time, and it will be different from day-to-day and week to week.
So what happens when we continue living unbalance lives:
- Everything becomes an emergency and emergencies keep cropping up
- Living unbalance too long can result in burnout
- It will become your new normal and you centering shifts all the time and you’re constantly walking into very emotional or intellectual walls
7 Ways to find balance and get your life on track:
- Pay attention to your health:
We are far more productive and happier when we get enough sleep, eat a little healthier and fit in some type of physical activity.
- Minimise toxins:
No I don’t mean your wine… I love my wine too. I mean negativity… avoid toxic people. Surround yourself with positive, supportive people that have a can-do spirit about them.
- Get comfortable with spending time alone.
This may be hard for you if you are a person that is overworked and overwhelmed… but spending time alone can reduce your stress and encourage your creativity.
Write, draw, paint, colour in or simply sit still and meditate.
- Get your priorities right
It is okay to say no to things that don’t serve you. It’s not selfish, its selfcare. Setting priorities keeps you in check on how you deal with things and how you spend your time.
- Got goals? Write them down and stop procrastinating!
Goals and prioritizing work hand in hand. And they aid you in being able to make the most of your days and Got goals? Write them down and stop procrastinating!
Take a walk down your street and pay attention to what’s going on around you. Take a new route home from work. Try a new route to the office (maybe leave a little earlier in case you get delayed or lost).
Try your hand at a new hobby. Find a touristy spot in your city and be a tourist for a day.
- Tap into your fun again
Find your sense of humour. Look up some jokes. Watch some comedies, laugh, joke… just be ridiculous.