- 1/2 ripe avocado
- Chia Seeds
- 4 ripe bananas (sliced and can be frozen)
- 2 cup fresh mixed berries (use strawberries/raspberries/blueberry)
- 4 large handfuls spinach
- 2 small handful kale (optional)
- 3 – 4 cups milk (try use non sweetened and dairy free where possible) and if you are preparing this for a baby, use their formula or milk
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed
- 4 Tbsp salted creamy almond or peanut butter (optional)
- Add all smoothie ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth. If you want it thinner add more milk or add water.
- Taste and adjust flavour as needed, adding more ripe banana (or honey) for added sweetness, more spinach for a bright green hue, or milk for creaminess.
- For the green smoothie, I used strawberries, which let the green colour come through more. For a more purple bowl, use darker berries (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries).
- For more protein, add nut butter (peanut butter/almond butter)! This also helps to offset/enhance the natural sweetness of the smoothie for those who don’t have a big sweet tooth.
- Divide between 2 serving bowls and top with desired toppings!
- It’s divine and best served fresh but you can certainly freeze and store left overs in jars or containers. But they must not exceed 2 days.
I cut up some bananas into ziplock bags for freezing and can throw them into a smoothie. When you notice they are getting ripe, peel, chop and throw in the freezer. If you like extra cold smoothie bowls, do the same for your berries, but i prefer mine just refrigerated and I don’t want the. smoothie bowls to be too cold for the little ones.
These are great for freezing as well and storing for your little one who has just been introduced to solids. Substitute the almond milk with their formula instead.
Some topping I use include:
- Roasted sunflower seeds
- Almond Shavings
- Grated Coconut
- Fresh berries
If you find that you get so busy during the week to pre prep baby’s food and package, here’s an amazing brand: Umatie, their products are preservative free and free from all the bad stuff. Their packed with nutrients for the growing baby. Shop on Art of Superwoman Online Store